To create long‐term value for our shareholders. Achieving this depends on the sustainable development* of our businesses and the communities in which we operate.
To be leaders in sustainable development in the industries in which we operate.
To grow our business and operations in a sustainable way, by striving:
- To cause zero harm to our employees, contractors and stakeholders;
- To minimise our impact on the environments in which we operate;
- To excel as a responsible and caring company within the communities in which we operate;
- To continually improve our business to ensure our operations are as efficient and effective as possible.
* Sustainable Development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. “Our Common Future”, 1987 – World Commission on Environment and Development
In our operations: We will meet, and strive to exceed, all legal requirements and
- Safeguard the health and safety of all our stakeholders.
- Be a good steward of the natural resources and biodiversity under our influence and ensure that all potential adverse impacts of our operations on the environment are identified and appropriately managed.
- Provide an environment in which all employees are treated fairly and with respect and can realize their full potential.
- Bring value to the communities of which we are a part and enhance their capabilities while respecting people's culture and heritage.
- Encourage suppliers, contractors and industry stakeholders to promote sustainable development within their own business.
- Encourage the responsible use of our products and services by our customers.
- Drive profitable growth of our business by investing in the best available technology and optimizing management processes.
Making it happen
All companies in which HAECO Group has a controlling interest will have action plans for applying this policy in a way which is relevant to their business. We will encourage other companies in which we have an interest as a shareholder or through our supply chain to implement similar policies.
We will encourage and empower our staff to be proactive on sustainable development matters both at work and in the community.
We will continuously monitor our performance, identify improvement opportunities and report regularly. We will utilise our HAECO Group continuous business improvement strategy to positively impact all aspects of our sustainable development.
We will review this policy periodically, and take into account stakeholder feedback.